Monday, November 9, 2009

My first Blog!



So, the day is finally here, I have become so busy I had to start a blog, does that make any sense whatsoever? In a nutshell, I started scrapbooking a few years ago, nothing serious, I didn't have any kids at the time and I needed a hobby. Did scrapbooking come naturally to me? No. I was bad, really bad. Cutting up my photos into odd shapes, framing them with construction paper, flashy stickers everywhere..yeah, bad. The only thing that I did that was somewhat interesting was journaling, and even that was bad..."This is a photo of me and my husband" and that is how I left it. No story, no uplifting quotes, just..what I would call, "title journaling". But, I had fun creating my awful scrapbook pages, so I didn't give up. I researched, got inspiration from websites, kept working on my pages, they got better. I would do one page then not do another one for months, so, I wasn't seriously into it....yet! At that time, there wasn't a lot of scrapbooking stores for supplies, the large craft store was about it, and even then, scrapbooking was just starting to get big, so not a lot to choose from. This is how I became a frugal scrapper, finding freebies on the internet, making my own embellishments, trying to use as many scraps as I can before going out to buy new stuff, this is what scrapbooking is all about right!


Soon, I was digital scrapbooking, because, to be honest with you, I am really bad at developing my photos, it's both laziness and forgetfulness, so digiscrap was perfect for me. But my true love is card making, something about small creations that are fun to me. The fact that you can give them away, this is what I love too, scrapbook pages are just yours either on paper or on disc and they accumulate so fast! Cards are enjoyed by more people.
Card above for baby boy-Dill Blossom paper, Hampton Art stamps.

0 comments:

Post a Comment